Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-06-18. By anonymous.
Guide to the Soviet Navy
Naval Institute Press | 1983 | ISBN: 0870212397 | English | 482 pages | PDF | 270 MB
This reference work provides accurate, up-to-date data on ship and aircraft specifications, performance, weapons and electronics, and analysis of current changes and trends in Soviet naval strategy, leadership, operations, and training. Considering the drastic changes in the Soviet naval forces in the midst of perestroika, this fifth edition is the most comprehensive review and analysis available of the modern Soviet fleet - its ships, aircraft, weapons, electronics, bases, shipyards, personnel, and leadership - and provides coverage of the fleet reductions made since 1988. It contains technical data on every combat and support ship of the Soviets including specialized merchant ships that support military activities. Award-winning author and military analyst, Norman Polmar, discusses the navy's force reductions in detail and shows that although the Soviet Navy has diminished in size, its capabilities in virtually all combat areas - antisurface, antisubmarine and antiair warfare, plus theatre tactical nuclear weapons, chemical operations, mine warfare, and intelligence collection - have actually been improved. Essays on the Soviet Navy's missions, tactics operations, exercises, training, and fleet development explore the true impact of fleet reductions and policy adjustments not only on Soviet naval forces, but also on Warsaw Pact co-ordination. Among the subjects covered are the impact of the disappearance by 1989 of the remaining Sverdlovclass cruisers and the scrapping of 30 submarines. Descriptions of the two new 65,000-ton Thilisi-class aircraft carriers and the Ul'yanovsk, a 75,000-ton full-deck carrier, are provided, as are the improvements in Soviet submarines, reported to have "closed the gap" between Soviet and US undersea capabilities. Appendices include the Soviet navy's order of battle since 1945, naval leaders, and naval ship transfers to nations throughout the world.
- Ebooks list page : 27736
- 2012-06-04The War in Afghanistan 1979-1989: The Soviet Empire at High Tide (Concord #1009)
- 2012-05-20Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19: The Soviet Union's First Production Supersonic (Aerofax)
- 2011-08-29Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: Eighth Edition
- 2011-05-22The Soviet Navy Today
- 2011-04-09The Soviet Navy Today
- 2011-02-01The Illustrated Guide to the Royal Navy and Foreign Navies
- 2010-11-19he Rise and Fall of the Soviet Navy in the Baltic, 1921-1940
- 2010-06-09The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Navy in the Baltic, 1921-1940 (Naval Policy and History Series)
- 2009-01-22The Rise and Fall of the Soviet Navy in the Baltic, 1921-1940
- 2012-05-12Panzertruppen Vol.1: The Complete Guide to the Creation & Combat Employment of Germany's Tank Force 1933-1942
- 2012-03-08The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques: A Complete Guide for the Artist by Peter Stanyer
- 2012-02-22An Illustrated Guide to the Modern Soviet Navy
- 2011-09-16The Independent Guide to the Mac, Fourth Edition - Removed
- 2012-05-22Under the Red Star: Luftwaffe Aircraft in the Soviet Airforce
- 2012-02-01An Illustrated Guide to the Modern US Navy
- 2011-12-29Homosexuality and Science: A Guide to the Debates
- 2011-12-28Wildflowers and Plant Communities of the Southern Appalachian Mountains and Piedmont: A Naturalist's Guide to the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia (Southern Gateways Guides) - Removed
- 2011-12-07Wildflowers and Plant Communities of the Southern Appalachian Mountains and Piedmont: A Naturalist's Guide to the Carolinas, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia (Southern Gateways Guides) - Removed
- 2011-11-24Maribel's Guide to the Rioja Wine Country
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.