Posted on 2017-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Graham A. Rayman | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0230342272 | ISBN13: 9780230342279 |
Description: In May 2010, NYPD officer Adrian Schoolcraft made national headlines when he released a series of secretly recorded audio tapes exposing corruption and abuse at the highest levels of the police department. But, according to a lawsuit filed by Schoolcraft against the City of New York, instead of admitting mistakes and pledging reform Schoolcraft's superiors forced him into a mental hospital in an effort to discredit the evidence. In The NYPD Tapes, the reporter who first broke the Schoolcraft story brings his ongoing saga up to date, revealing the rampant abuses that continue in the NYPD today, including warrantless surveillance and systemic harassment. Through this lens, he tells the broader tale of how American law enforcement has for the past thirty years been distorted by a ruthless quest for numbers, in the form of CompStat, the vaunted data-driven accountability system first championed by New York police chief William Bratton and since implemented in police departments across the country. Forced to produce certain crime stats each quarter or face discipline, cops in New York and everywhere else fudged the numbers, robbing actual crime victims of justice and sweeping countless innocents into the police net. Rayman paints a terrifying picture of a system gone wild, and the pitiless fate of the whistleblower who tried to stop it.
The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage.pdf
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 30398
- 2016-10-25The NYPD Tapes A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Crowd Sounds Happy: A Story of Love and Madness in an American Family
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Universal Tone: Bringing My Story to Light
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Secret Game: A Wartime Story of Courage, Change, and Basketball's Lost Triumph
- 2017-01-03[PDF] The Step Child: A True Story of a Broken Childhood
- 2016-12-26[PDF] The Perfect Storm - A True Story of Men Against the Sea
- 2016-12-23[PDF] The Good Rat: A True Story
- 2017-02-18[PDF] The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life: Plant-Based Meals with Options for Any Diet
- 2017-02-18[PDF] The Butler Speaks: A Return to Proper Etiquette, Stylish Entertaining, and the Art of Good Housekeeping
- 2017-02-18[PDF] The Fibromyalgia Solution: A Breakthrough Approach to Heal Your Body and Take Back Your Life
- 2017-02-18[PDF] The Foundations of Chinese Medicine: A Comprehensive Text for Acupuncturists and Herbalists. Second Edition
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Public Shaping of Medical Research: Patient Associations, Health Movements and Biomedicine (Routledge Studies in the Sociology of Health and Illness)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Guide to Working in Criminal Justice: Employability skills and careers in the Criminal Justice sector
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Conduct of Inquiry in International Relations: Philosophy of Science and Its Implications for the Study of World Politics (New International Relations)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Right to Self-determination Under International Law: 'Selfistans,' Secession, and the Rule of the Great Powers (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Passivhaus Designer's Manual: A technical guide to low and zero energy buildings
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The South Sea Bubble: An Economic History of its Origins and Consequences. (Routledge Explorations in Economic History)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Evaluator's Cookbook: Exercises for participatory evaluation with children and young people
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.